Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Why South Alabama Girl?

My originally choice for a name was small town girl but it was already taken. I prefer small towns to larger cities. I prefer my hometown of Brewton, AL (15,000 people) to Columbus, GA. I know to most of you Columbus is not that big. Yes, there are bigger cities. But for a residence Columbus is too large for me.
Now as an educated person I can understand and can way the pros and cons of living in a larger city to a smaller town. Larger towns have more museums, shops, and things to do for the kids. But I feel safer in a smaller town. Brewton is definitely in my comfort zone.
When I went home for Easter I really missed Brewton. Jon and I drove around just to see what had changed.
Also, I'm proud of being a GRIT (Girls Raised in the South). Some people don't understand this because they have a negative few of the south or at least of Alabama. As with anything in life I try to focus on the positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment